About the College of Performing and Visual Arts
The College of Performing and Visual Arts is a vibrant arts community of practitioners, scholars, and learners representing a range of arts traditions and disciplines.
Our arts college is comprised of three fully accredited entities:
- HistoryAt UNC, the arts are core to who we are. The University of Northern Colorado was established in 1889 as The Normal School and has a long-standing tradition as an arts institution. Guggenheim Hall, one of the oldest buildings on campus, is now home to the arts college main office.
- Careers in the Arts
The College is devoted to helping students prepare for careers in the arts.
The UNC Arts Entrepreneurship Initiative will:
- Further your entrepreneurial abilities to create a successful career
- Explore entrepreneurial skills to complement your artistic talents
- Develop business, marketing and strategic planning skills
- Join in real-world opportunities to collaborate with other artists on your artistic vision
Learn more about the Arts Entrepreneurship Certificate or contact Melanie Poston at Melanie.Poston@unco.edu or call (970) 351-1921.
- Technology and Facilities
The College has the facilities and advanced technology, the faculty and staff, and the experience to provide serious students with an engaging education in the arts.
While we are meticulous about providing a rigorous education for our students, we are also conscientious about supporting students in their exploration of new and innovative arts forms and expressions.
At the College of Performing and Visual Arts students, faculty, and staff are dedicated to their arts disciplines. Our programs of study are designed to be challenging and relevant.
- Arts Community
In our College, students encounter outstanding and recognized arts practitioners, arts historians, arts educators, and arts administrators.
The College of Performing and Visual Arts is an important part of the cultural community of Northern Colorado and our faculty, staff, students, and alumni are actively involved in cultural and arts organizations and schools in the region and beyond.
The members of the arts community at UNC are passionate about what we do, and we focus that enthusiasm in a way that provides a demanding learning and artistic environment for all our students.
- Arts College AlumniOur alumni are a testament to the quality arts education opportunities found within the College and their successes are models for those who will be joining our community of artists and arts scholars. Get engaged and visit Alumni Relations.
- Events, Concerts, and ExhibitionsThe College of Performing and Visual Arts is home to over 300 events annually! Visit our Events page to see what’s happening next in music, art, theatre, and dance.
- Visit Us
We encourage you to visit our campus, explore our website and find us on social media. To schedule a visit to campus, contact the Visitor’s Center.
If you’d like to tour our arts facilities and meet our arts college faculty and staff, please email Melanie Poston at Melanie.Poston@unco.edu or call (970) 351-1921.
We invite you to follow your interests and to follow your artistic and academic path at the College of Performing and Visual Arts at the University of Northern Colorado.
- College Mission and Vision StatementsRead the full Mission and Vision Statements for the College of Performing and Visual Arts.