Open Space Festival of New Music
March 7-9, 2018
Call for Scores
seeking compositions featuring any combination of violin (1 player), percussion (1 player), and/or electronics. (Two-channel electronics only, please.)
Requirements & Information
- Open to all composers high school age and above
- Deadline for receipt of all materials is Wednesday, November 1, 2017.
- Winning compositions will be performed on March 9, 2018
- Composers may submit a maximum of two scores and recordings in one of the following
- Professional, University Student, and High School Student
- The maximum duration for each work is 15 minutes, but shorter pieces are favored.
- A sound recording of the submitted work is strongly encouraged (MIDI OK).
- The winning scores will be chosen by faculty members at the University of Northern Colorado School of Music.
- All submissions must be original compositions. Arrangements will not be considered.
- Winning composers will be asked to speak about their composition at an informal Masterclass on Friday, March 9, 2018 at 2 pm.
- Composers will be expected to be in attendance at the concert. (Unfortunately, while no guaranteed travel funds are available for guest composers, we will try to provide a little bit of support to offset costs). Works will not be performed if composer is not present
- Scores and bio should be in PDF format, recordings should be in MP3 format. Links to SoundCloud for recordings are acceptable in lieu of MP3s.
- Submission fee is $20.