The UNC/Greeley Jazz Festival: April 21-23, 2016
The 46th Annual UNC/Greeley Jazz Festival!
The largest event of its kind in the nation, the UNC/Greeley Jazz Festival brings together internationally recognized artists, jazz lovers, award-winning clinicians, and over 250 college, high school, and middle school big bands, combos, and jazz vocal groups from across the country. Each year, over 8,000 participants enjoy the main stage concerts, after-hours sessions, daytime performances, and the many educational workshop sessions.
The Festival is a non-competitive educational and cultural facet of the UNC Jazz Studies Program, the UNC School of Music and the College of Performing and Visual Arts that furthers the University of Northern Colorado’s mission of lifelong learning and commitment to service.
The UNC/Greeley Jazz Festival is now celebrating its 46th year, and this year's festival will continue the long-standing tradition of bringing some of the most prominent and highly respected names in jazz to Northern Colorado for three evening Main Stage Concerts. Last year's mainstage concerts included:
- Thursday, April 21, 2016: Critically acclaimed vocal group: New York Voices
- PLUS UNC's premier Vocal Jazz ensemble, Vocal Lab
- Friday, April 22, 2016: Grammy Award-winning big band: Clayton-Hamilton Jazz Orchestra
- PLUS the Ellis Marsalis Trio, featuring NEA Jazz Master Ellis Marsalis
- Saturday, April 23, 2016: Legendary Jazz organist: Joey DeFrancesco
- with UNC's DownBeat Award-winning Jazz Lab Band
- PLUS special guest Houston Person
Registration: Register your group Today!
Please visit our Registration page to register your group. Directors, be sure to register your groups early to receive discounted Priority Registration pricing and preferred performance times!
We hope to see you next year at the 46th Annual UNC/Greeley Jazz Festival Presented by Jamey Aebersold Jazz!
April 21-23, 2016
CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!