Opportunities For Artists
The Galleries want to include alumni in our exhibition and public programming! To be considered, you must be active in your local art community, have created a high-caliber body of work separate from the work you created at UNC, willing to give a gallery talk and have graduated three years ago or longer. Please send us email and include a link to your professional website, your artist statement and letter of interest!
The Galleries welcome proposals from artists to engage with UNC Galleries. Before you submit materials, look around our website and see what we do. UNC Galleries are constantly evolving, but our general programming sensibilities are innovative, contemporary and non-commercial.
To submit your artwork for review, please send an email with the following:
- A current artist/curatorial statement and bio per exhibitior.
- 6-8 high resolution images of proposed work(s) for exhibition. If you are proposing a group exhibition, these images should reflect each participants' work.
- Should the work(s) be site specific or not yet made, a detailed proposal/sketch must be submitted.
- A didactic text (350 words max) describing the exhibiton's central theme or concept.
- Preferred month to exhibit and preferred date for an opening reception (please include a second choice as well).
The Galleries review submissions on an ongoing basis; there is no submission deadline. All submissions must be proposed at least six (6) months in advance. Please, no phone inquiries. We accept PDF digital submissions only. Hard copy submissions will not be returned.
Place cursor at the end of this sentence and press [enter] to add more content.