Jump to main content

How to Declare

The College of Performing and Visual Arts houses the Schools of Art & Design, Music, and Theatre Arts & Dance. Art & Design majors can be declared by any student with interest in the area. Contact the Art & Design Advisor to declare your major. The Schools of Music and Theatre Arts & Dance require an audition for entry, however. To gain admission to music or theatre programs, begin by reviewing the audition requirements below.

Declare an Art & Design major: 
contact the Art & Design Academic Advisor (Aisha Gallion)

Declare a Music or Theatre Arts & Dance major:
review audition requirements and submit a School-specific application

Current UNC Student Seeking Applications

UNC students in their freshman year at UNC, who have not yet applied for or been admitted to the School of Music or the School of Theatre Arts & Dance, may complete the Seeking Application and audition in the fall or spring semester. All students who are interested in majoring in music or theatre must apply and complete an audition. Minoring in these areas does not require an audition.



Art & Design

Contact Your Advisor





Theatre Arts & Dance


Meet the Staff

Tessa Espinoza - College of Performing and Visual Arts


Director of Recruitment and Enrollment

Frasier 105
(970) 351-1921


Aisha Gallion, PVA Academic Advisor


PVA Academic Advisor
Art & Design

Guggenheim 3
(970) 351-2143

Book Advising with Aisha