Petteys Collection Viewing Policies
The Petteys Collection of Women Artists is held in UNC’s Archival Services located on the lower level of Michener Library. To view works from the Petteys Collection, appointments may be scheduled Wednesday – Friday between 9:00am – 4:00pm. Call 970-351-2854 or email email@example.com.
Requests must be made at least two weeks in advance. Submitting a request does not guarantee that the date, time, and/or objects requested will be available for your visit. In case of cancellation or rescheduling, please give 24 hours notice.
Please provide the following information with your request:
- Your name and reason for visit.
- Institutional affiliation and / or department, class title and number, if applicable.
- A list of the works you would like to view by artist and title. View the list here.
- Patrons may view two works at a time. The room holds 15 people; for larger groups, please work with Archival Services.
Archival Services Policies
- Archival Services staff is responsible for the handling of all works of art.
- No food, beverages, or gum are permitted.
- Large items and backpacks may be placed in lockers provided by the Archival Services Department.
- Photography is not allowed.
- Use only pencils. Pencils and magnifying glasses are available upon request.
- Do not allow jewelry or loose clothing to dangle over the art.
- We ask that instructors make their students aware of basic museum rules before visiting