Audition and Application Requirements
Students who wish to pursue a degree in theatre arts and dance must complete the following:
Submit supplemental application materials in the Supplementary Theatre Application. These are area-specific, so use the area links on the side to view the specific requirements for your program.
Audition/interview for your program according to its requirements. Use the area links on the side or below to view your specific audition or interview requirements.
Please note: You will not receive a university or program decision until you have completed the steps above.
Audition Options and Locations
Choose your preferred audition date on your Supplementary Theatre Application, and we will email you with your specific time.
2021-2022 Audition Dates
As of right now, auditions will be held in-person, but if you would rather submit a virtual audition, those will be accepted as well.
- Saturday, November 13th, 2021 - All programs (Early Decision Audition Date)
- Saturday, Jan. 22nd, 2022 - All programs (Denver Lowry Campus)
- Saturday, February 19th, 2022 - All programs
- Friday, March 4th, 2022 - All programs
- Saturday, March 5th, 2022 - Acting and Musical Theatre Only
Video auditions are as equally acceptable as on-campus or off-campus festival auditions.
Acting, Musical Theatre: Upload your video audition through the Supplementary Theatre Application.
Design and Technology, Theatre Education, Theatre Studies: Request a video interview through the Supplementary Theatre Application.
Video Audition Deadline
March 5, 2022
UNC will be participating in the CA Unifieds hosted in Anaheim, CA on Feb. 12th - 13th, 2022. Details on audition location are TBD.
If you audition at a state thespian festival or audition event, you do not need to reserve an audition time with us—you can simply register for an audition through your state thespian organization.
2021-2022 Off-Campus Audition Locations:
- Arizona Thespians: November 19th & 20th, 2021
- Colorado Thespian Conference (ThesCon): December 2nd - 4th, 2021
- CAP United (Virtual) : November 10th - 14th, 2021
- Oregon Thespians (Virtual)
- Texas Thespians: November 18th - 20th, 2021
- More to be announced soon