Theater Education Applications and Interviews
- Audition Form (found in your UNC Application Portal after submission of the UNC Application)
- Contact information for 2 references
- Copy of unofficial transcripts (we can use the same one you send in for your university application)
- Theatre Education Essay : Be prepared to submit a 250 to 500 word answer to each of
- Why do you think theatre education is important for children and teenagers? Discuss how you think it can be an effective method to help build both individuals and a community.
- What makes for a quality learning environment for young people? Discuss your ideal
environment and use specific examples from your past to support your argument.
- What kind of teacher would you like to be?
- Why teaching? Why now?
- What are some obstacles you think teachers face and how do you plan on facing these obstacles?
- Discuss your journey in education.
- What are some academic challenges or successes from your past?
- How did you overcome an obstacle?
- How did you succeed?
- How do you think these experienes will help you in college?
- How do you plan on being successful academically in college?
- How do you keep yourself organized and on task?
- Theatre Resume or List of relevant performance, production, or work experience (optional)
- Video Introduction (optional)
- 15-minute interview with a Theatre Education faculty member conducted in-person or virtually
A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required to apply for admission to the Theatre Education program.