Theatre Studies Applications
- Audition Form (found in your UNC Application Portal after submission of the UNC Application)
- Contact information for 2 references
- Copy of unofficial transcripts (we can use the same one you send in for your university applicaiton)
- 300-500 word essay briefly answering the following questions:
- Why is theatre important to you?
- Why is theatre important to the world?
- What aspects of theatre do you plan to pursue professionally?
- Theatre Resume or List of relevant performance, production, or work experience (optional)
- Video Introduction (optional)
No interview is required for entrance to the Theatre Studies program. A program decision will be made based on your submitted supplemental items.
If you wish to be considered for a theatre scholarship, you will need to complete a 15-minute interview with Theatre Studies faculty during an in-person or virtual audition/interview day. You can schedule this via the Audition Form in your UNC Application Portal.
A minimum GPA of 2.5 is required to apply for admission to the Theatre Studies program.