71st Annual Colorado All-State Bands
April 7-9, 2022 | Greeley, Colorado
Colorado All-State Concert Band
Dr. David Fullmer, Guest Conductor
Retired Director of Bands, Snow College (Utah), Conn-Selmer Educational Support Manager, Western Regions.
The Concet Band is open only to Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors from high schools of 1,100 or fewer students [based on "enrollment" count in 2019-2020 CHSAA Directory].
Colorado All-State Symphonic Band
Dr. Russell Mikkelson, Guest Conductor
Director of Bands, The Ohio State University
The Symphonic Band is open to Juniors and Seniors from any school.
- Audition Materials and procedures are the same for both bands - scales and etudes
are required. See below for audition materials
- Scales should be played as close to the indicated tempos as possible, but without an audible metronoome.
- A $25 fee will be charged to each auditioning student
- All-State Auditions: Submitted Electronically
Deadline: November 30, 2021
(submission instructions distributed Fall 2021)
- Major Scale of your choice: 2 octaves, in 16th notes, quarter-note = 112
- Harmonic Minor Scale of your choice: 2 octaves, in 8th notes, quarter-note = 120
- Chromatic Scale of your choice: 2 octaves, in 8th notes, quarter-note = 80
Students proficient on more than one instrument within the same family (flute/piccolo, oboe/English horn, high clarinet/low clarinet, all the saxophones, trombone/euphonium, etc.) are strongly encouraged to submit an audition on each instrument, using separate audition files and entries.