Student Forms and Information
New and current students, this is your resource for information about recitals, room reservations, rentals, forms, juries, and more. Use the links on the right to navigate quickly to the appropriate part of the page, or click one of the Quick Link buttons for frequently accessed materials.
- All recitals require a Recital Request Form. This form must be submitted at least 30 days out from the requested recital date and must be submitted by the 4th week of classes. Recital requests submitted less than 4 weeks out will require approval from the Director of the School of Music.
- For all Recital Requests that require approval from the Director of the School of
- Please send an email requesting approval to email@example.com
- Please include an explanation for why you are requesting the director's approval and why your request is necessary.
- Please fully review the form before submitting your request.
- For Joint Student Recitals, each student must submit their own Recital Request Form.
- Please check the Performance and Rehearsal Calendar for availability when choosing your recital date. Please keep in mind that this calendar is updated frequently and events are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Submitting a recital request form DOES NOT guarantee you a recital date, time or venue until the Music Office has approved it and it has been placed on the Performance and Rehearsal Calendar.
- No recitals will be held during clear week or final’s week without consent of the Director of the School of Music.
- Please check with Ron Brooks in the Vault to discuss date and venue possibilities, as well as options for your dress rehearsal.
Please visit the Office of the Registrar to view forms.
Graduate Forms & Registration Information
- DA Plan of Study Form for Emphasis in Collaborative Piano, Conducting, Jazz Studies, Music Performance, or Music Performance/Pedagogy
- DA Plan of Study for Emphasis in Jazz Studies
- DA Plan of Study for Emphasis in Composition
- DA Plan of Study for Emphasis in Music History & Literature
- DA Plan of Study Form for Emphasis in Music Education
- Master's Comprehensive Exam Permission/Results Form
- Graduate Student Progress Review
- Graduate Handbook
- 2019-2021 Graduate Offerings
- 2019 Registration for MM and DA
- 2019 Registration for CERT
- 2019-20 Graduate Advisory Exams
- Graduate Semester Offerings by Area
Undergraduate Placement & Registration Information
SOM Advising Process, step-by-step
- Meet with your assigned faculty advisor. You can find your assigned advisor on DegreeWorks
- Undergraduates while meeting with your faculty advisor, fill out our Digital Advising Form – your faculty advisor has the link
- Use your four-year plan to ensure you are selecting courses accurately
- Unless otherwise instructed, if you are an UG student – fill out our digital advising form with your faculty member PRIOR to scheduling with Katie Runkel. If your advisor is on a sabbatical or leave, skip this step and meet with your academic advisor immediately.
- If you’re a Senior, or about to Student Teach, you can skip this step and schedule directly with your Academic Advisor.
- Set up an advising appointment by selecting "Schedule Your Academic Advising Appointment" above
- Fall, advising appointments begin in early October
- Spring appointments begin in late February/early March
- Meet with your designated Academic Advisor.
- All undergrads, seeking music majors, and music minors are assigned to Katie Runkel.
- All graduate students can make an appointment with either Katie Runkel, or Dr. Carissa Reddick, the Graduate Coordinator
- Registering for your next semester is based on how many credits you have completed. Find this number by subtracting your current semester from your total achieved on DegreeWorks. Check the Registrar website here to view your specific date: Registration Pre-Schedule
- If you are a Double Major, you still MUST meet with the music area to receive your PIN.