UNCO Jazz Education Network
Become A JEN Member!
A one-time membership fee of $50 gives you access to all JEN events throughout the school year.
(Note that your credit card charge will appear as UNC Jazz Press.)
Please check the JEN board outside the Jazz Studies Office for upcoming JEN events.
Visit the national website at: www.jazzednet.org.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram:
Why Join JEN
Membership dues are necessary for our organization to bring in such high quality artists on a regular basis.
Member Benefits Include:
- FREE access to all JEN clinics and performances ($10 entry fee for non-members)
- Access to videos of JEN clinics and performances
- Opportunities to meet, network with, and play with some of the best jazz musicians in the world
- Access to a National eJEN Membership which includes access to:
-Online versions of JazzEd Magazine and Downbeat Magazine
-Members only resources on the JEN website
-Applications for JEN scholarships and grants
-Registration for the National JEN Conference in January
Upcoming JEN Clinics
Frasier Hall, Room 90
(Bruce Forman will also be performing a concert at the Greeley Country Club for Peakview Jazz that night at 7:30pm).
Frasier Hall, Room 90
(Eddie Gomez will also be performing a concert for the Sunset Jazz Artist Series that night at 7:00pm)
2018-19 JEN Student Chapter Officers
Jenna McLean – President
Seth Lewis – Vice President
Ryan Leppich – Artist Liaison
Chris Navarette – Secretary
Darrel Watson – Treasurer
Shawn Williams – Publicist
Julian Carey – Ombudsman/Assistant Artist Liaison
The Jazz Education Network is dedicated to building the jazz arts community by advancing education, promoting performance, and developing new audiences.
Who We Are
We are the UNC college chapter of the Jazz Education Network, an international network of jazz performers and educators.
We are one of the largest JEN chapters in the country and frequently have members performing and presenting at the national JEN conference each year.
What We Do
We bring in professional artists regularly for clinics and performances where students get the opportunity to perform for and with some of the best jazz artists in the world. We’ve host over 10 clinics every academic year. Some of our recent guest artists have included:
- Guitarist Peter Bernstien
- Drummer Adam Nussbaum
- Bassist Rodney Whitacre
- Vocalist Alexis Cole
- The Jeff Hamilton Trio with Tamir Hendelman and Christoph Luty
- Bassist Mike Pope
- Drummer Allison Miller
- Guitarist and USC Professor Bruce Foreman
- Drummer Matt Wilson
- Trumpeter and Basie Band member Mike Williams
- Pianist and former UNT Professor Stefan Karlsson
- Trombonist Bob McChesney
- Bassoonist and Bela Fleck collaborator Paul Hanson
- Saxophonist Charles McPherson
- The Bill Cunliffe Trio with Martin Wind and Tim Horner
- The Anna Webber Trio with John Hollenbeck and Matt Mitchell
- Mark Helias’ Open Loose Trio with Tony Malaby and Tom Rainey
- Saxophonist Dick Oatts